Monday, October 15, 2012

My First [Successful] Attempt At Event Planning



This past weekend, I partnered with a sponsor of my client to put on an Oktoberfest event. This was the first time I helped organize an event pretty much on my own, so I'm very excited that my client was happy and that guests had a great time!

Partnering with a sponsor always makes event planning much, much easier-  especially when the sponsor is a popular brand and is so willing to cooperate. The sponsor helped to alleviate stress and allowed me to spend a lot more time with guests that I invited and a lot less time running around making last minute adjustments.

Guests enjoyed discounted beer, themed prizes, a show and more. I got in some quality bonding time with a couple bloggers and enjoyed a night of entertainment. All in all, the event was a success. 

Although we were up against a lot of competition for an Oktoberfest event, ticket sales were high for the night and everyone seemed to have a great time playing games, winning prizes and drinking beer out of an official cup from my client.

Oktoberfest will now always remind me of the first time I helped plan an event sans tons of instruction from my superiors. It was a fun, traditional way to bring in the Fall and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment